Caol Gleann – Terms and Conditions
Please take time to read the following terms and conditions. When you confirm a booking, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
The Lodge’s owners would ask that you respect other visitors to the area; most lodges are rented by families.
The terms and conditions may be updated; please check the website for the most current version.
- Caol Gleann is a non-smoking Lodge.
- Please enquire direct with the owner of the Lodge to confirm a booking. Details are on the booking form. Correspondence is normally via email.
- During the high season, between April and October, rentals are normally on a weekly basis only, with check in on the first Saturday no earlier than 4.00 pm and checkout the following Saturday by 10.00 am.
- Outwith the high season the Lodge is available for weekend rentals (Friday to Monday) or for mid-week rentals (Monday to Friday). For weekend or mid-week rentals the normal check in time of 4.00 pm and check out time of 10.00 am remain. The Lodge may be available over the Christmas and New Year period, please enquire.
- Please leave the Lodge as you found it – in a clean and tidy condition. All dishes should be washed. Please leave the beds & duvets stripped of the linen. A lodge inventory check is performed prior to each arrival, and you are responsible for any breakages, damage or loss sustained during your stay. An inventory list is provided in the information folder located in the Lodge. Gas and electricity costs are included in the rental charge.
- The owner reserves the right to correct errors in advertised rental charges for the Lodge in any publication, web site or other advert.
- When booking you will be required to pay a deposit of £100. This deposit will be considered a part payment of the rental charge. (Should you cancel the booking outwith the conditions below, the deposit will be forfeited.) This will be the point at which a contract for the lodge hire has been made by you. These terms and conditions form the basis of a contract under the jurisdiction of the Courts of Scotland. The deposit should be paid within seven days. The booking will remain provisional until the deposit is received during which time other enquiries may be answered for the same dates. You will, however, be advised if there is another enquiry.
- A good housekeeping/damage deposit of £100 is also required which should be included with the booking balance. This will be returned to you after the lodge has been vacated, cleaned and the inventory checked. Please note that if there is extra cleaning required because of the occupation, or from that caused by any pet, or due to smoking within the lodge, a retention of an appropriate amount (at the sole decision of the owner) will be made to cover extra cleaning costs and time.
- Access to the park is via a remote-controlled gate. In the event of a loss of the remote control (including accidentally taking the remote home), £100 will be deducted from the deposit to facilitate its replacement and/or arrangements for the incoming guests.
- Your balance as per the Hire Invoice is due and payable by the date printed on your Hire Invoice (normally 6 weeks before your holiday start date). For bookings made within 6 weeks of your holiday start date, you must pay the full charge when you make your booking, including the good housekeeping / damage deposit. Payments will be made in UK Sterling by bank transfer. While bank transfers are preferred, cheques will be accepted. Bank transfer details will be provided on the invoice, or cash by arrangement. Payments can also be made by PayPal but will be subject to a 4% surcharge. We reserve the right to pass on to you any bank charges and other costs we incur if payment is made in foreign currency, by Euro cheque, or any other method not normally accepted by us or if we must re-present a cheque or process overdue payments.
- Should you require to amend a booking after it has been confirmed via email (after the deposits are paid), or if another invoice is required for any reason, then a fee of £15.00 will be charged. You may transfer your booking to someone else or another party (introduced by you) at any time providing you pay the administration fee of £15.00 and any then outstanding balance.
- If you cancel your booking, you are still liable for the payment of your Hire Invoice balance. We will endeavour to re-let your booking. If we can re-let after you have paid your required balance, we will refund the whole or part of that money (so that you only lose your booking deposit, if you have paid it) up to a maximum of the hire charges we receive on re-letting. Please note: all or part of your liabilities as stated above may be covered if you have purchased a Cancellation Insurance and your reason for cancellation is one of those covered. You are strongly advised to seek Holiday Insurance that covers for cancellation through job loss / redundancy, deaths, travel or severe weather conditions.
- The Lodge is equipped with Wi-Fi using Satellite Broadband with limited monthly download. Please download material before you arrive at the Lodge. The system is monitored and download limits are in place.
- Bookings are not accepted from anyone less than 21 years of age.
- Bed linen and towels are provided (this will be duvets, covers, pillows and sheets). Towels must not be used at the beach, for water activities or outside the lodge. Please remember to bring your own towels for such needs.
- We cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected because of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include the destruction or damage of your Lodge (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your booking) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-ins, criminal damage or any other similar event beyond our control. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, Industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control.
- The hirer shall also be liable for any damage caused in the property during the period of hire. The owner has the right to enter the lodge (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if exceptional circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out). If an outside operator/contractor requires access to the lodge that will be arranged at a reasonable time suitable to you and that which suits the operator/contractor.
- The organiser or leader of a booking is responsible for completing the names and details on the booking form. Should you arrive at your property without notifying us of the required details, the owner has the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to you. You may be asked to pay a security deposit at time of take- over.
- The lodge caters primarily for family holidays – however single-sex groups or younger parties will be permitted where the owner is satisfied about the responsibility of the party. An additional security deposit of £100 will be required. This will be returned after the stay providing the lodge has been left in the condition in which it was taken over.
- Dogs are permitted by prior arrangement by owner, at a charge of £45 per week. You must bring your pet basket, towels and dishes with you as pets are allowed on the clear understanding that in no circumstances may they lie on bedding or chairs. Dogs must be kept on a lead in the grounds and all dog mess must be cleared up. Maximum of two dogs allowed. Please do not leave dogs unattended in lodge. Please be aware of government legislation on the control of dogs. Please remember that not everyone is used to dogs. Animals other than dogs can only be accepted with specific permission from the owner.
- There are 2 private parking spaces at the rear of the lodge for two cars. Please note that your vehicles and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your risk. The owner will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever.
- The owner does not accept liability for any damage, expense, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s) from any cause whatsoever other than, in the case of the owner’s proven negligence of him/herself or his/her employees or agents. The owner carries Public Liability Insurance.
This does not attempt to exclude negligence or breach of statutory duty. Any references to the site grounds, jetty and beach area as to suitability with regards to use and safety, are intended to give you a general impression and are not stating if they are, or are not, safe for any intended use.
- You must notify any shortcomings with your property to the owner or his representative immediately so that remedial action, if appropriate, can be taken. For complaints and claims which do not involve personal injury, illness or death, the owner cannot accept any liability if you fail to notify the owner or his/her representative of any complaint or claim during your holiday and write with full details within 14 days of the end of your holiday.
Contact details: M Milner, Woodburn, Glasgow G63 0AR – Email: email@example.com
- The owners reserve the rights to withdraw any lodge amenity or appliance due to repairs or maintenance, Equipment failures may or may not be repaired during the time you booked though endeavour will be made to do so. This is not ignoring responsibility to affect any repairs, but that it may not be possible to do so within any given period.
- We have the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to any person(s) who, in our reasonable opinion, is not suitable to take charge of it. In such cases, all hire charges paid will be refunded in full, the contract shall be terminated and we will not have any further liability.
- If in our reasonable opinion, any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or danger or significant annoyance to others, the Contract may be terminated, in which case we will not have any further liability. In this event, you will remain liable to pay the hire price and no refund shall be due.